A Personal Safety Net (PSN) is a way to create a safer and more secure future. It is the web of plans, resources and people who come together to give meaning, support, ease, safety and security to your life. Taking care with each of the 8 Pillars of Resilience will provide a well-supported PSN and the support needed to bounce back when inevitable changes or challenges arise.
A PSN is a way to navigate life with support and greater ease when life events occur. A PSN can cushion your fall when something happens to you, or someone you care about. It can provide you with a safety net of support, peace that you are not alone, and knowledge that you don't have to navigate life's events without help. A sense of security, even though life offers no guarantees or promises.
The underpinnings for success are:
- Effectiveness – doing anything well, and in time (Can always be enhanced by preparation and practice)
- Learning – take in and understand new information (Happens throughout all of life and can be planned)
- Community – a group of people with common interests (Essential to happiness and longevity and part of strength)
- Kindness – being caring (“Do unto others as you would like done unto you”)
- Security (secure) – feeling safe and protected (Enhanced through connection with others)
- Power – control and influence to do something (Being able to see and affect choices and ask for help)
- Hope – to have a wish for something to happen or be true in the future (A cornerstone of strength)
- Humor – the ability to see that something is funny (Smooths the bumps, raises the spirits, and heals)
Interested in learning more about teamwork? You can read "Personal Safety Nets: The Book" on this website, or get started building your PSN today, or go deeper into this website and get started there.